MP Chris Grayling launched the 2017 Epsom & Ewell Business Awards at Nescot in Ewell on Friday 7th July. The Awards were established by the Rt Hon Chris Grayling to recognise and showcase the success stories of businesses and individuals within the local area of Epsom & Ewell including Ashtead, Nork and Tattenhams.
Entrants can compete across ten different categories. There will also be an award for the Best Overall Business. The closing date is 30th September; winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on the 16th November at the University of the Creative Arts.
“Epsom and Ewell has always had an entrepreneurial business community and our businesses continue to provide an excellent service to their customers. The Epsom & Ewell Business Awards have made a real difference to the profile of businesses locally. I encourage people to take the opportunity to give businesses and individuals in the area a boost and to nominate outstanding contributors. Many thanks to Nescot for hosting the launch, it is wonderful to see their exciting new facilities and to welcome Frances Rutter as their new principal .” Rt Hon Chris Grayling MP
The Awards cover ten categories with a prize for the overall best business:
- Best New Business – trading for less than 1 year – sponsored by thebestof Epsom & Ewell
- Best Business in Ashtead – sponsored by Milners
- Best Business in Epsom & Epsom Downs – sponsored by MetroBank
- Best Business in Ewell & Stoneleigh – sponsored by Rotary Club of Ewell
- Best Business for Design and Technology – sponsored by Nescot
- Best Business for Food and Hospitality – sponsored by Spring Electrical
- Best Business for Commitment to the Environment – sponsored by Toyota GB
- Best Young Entrepreneur – sponsored by The Federation of Small Businesses and Young Enterprise
- Best Business for Commitment to the Community – sponsored by TWM Solicitors
- Best Business for Customer Service – sponsored by The Family Building Society
- Best Overall Business – sponsored by Radio Jackie
Prizes include a tour of the House of Commons, £1000 worth of radio advertising courtesy of Radio Jackie, advertising in Out&About in Ashtead, Epsom & Ewell, membership to Surrey Chambers and a business coaching session with Action Coach for the Overall Winner, membership to thebestof Epsom & Ewell for the Best New Business and a whole host of other prizes for category winners.
Rupert Briggs Overall Best Business Winner 2016
“All of us at The Personal Agent are so proud to have won this award. It means so much to us. We launched our business 12 years ago with no money in a small room in a serviced office above McDonalds and through hard work, belief, many great members of our team and the support of the local community, we are proof that anything is achievable if you put your mind to it.
Rt Hon Chris Grayling:
“I am particularly delighted that The Personal Agent has been awarded The Best Overall Business. Set up in 2004, The Personal Agent have demonstrated how to successfully launch a new business and then grow to become leaders in a highly competitive market.
Full information on award categories is available from the awards website epsombusinessawards.co.uk . Entries and nominations are made online. An independent panel of judges with local business expertise will select the winning entrants who will receive trophies and certificates at the Awards reception.